This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the Chief Development Officer of International Hoops for Hope. The list of duties, knowledge, skills or abilities performed by the position is not meant to be exhaustive. All employees are required to follow other instructions and perform other duties as requested by his/her supervisor. The essential functions of the position may vary based on specific tasks assigned. The performance of the Chief Development Officer position will be reviewed annually by the Board of Directors for bonus compensation.
Job Title: Chief Development Officer
Status: Full Time
Reports to: President
General Job Description: Support and serve to fulfill and expand the mission of International Hoops for Hope and its program Hoops Huddle as set forth by the President and the Board of Directors. Will work with churches and other organizations interested in developing their mission through the sport of basketball locally and internationally.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop and implement strategies and processes for expanding the base and scope of International Hoops for Hope including:
- Maintain relationships currently established with churches and other organizations, including a minimum of 2 personal touches a year.
- Work with churches and other organizations who have expressed interest in developing Hoops for Hope and Hoops Huddle to aid them in implementing the programs they desire.
- Develop relationships with new churches and organizations to promote the mission of Hoops for Hope.
- Maintain frequent contact with regular donors to Hoops for Hope, including a minimum of 2 personal touches a year; at least 1 contact needs to be an in-person visit or phone call, and 1 contact can include email, text, and thank you notes.
- Develop new sources of income for Hoops for Hope (i.e. grants, foundations, donors, etc.).
Develop and implement strategies and processes for expanding the base and scope of Hoops Huddle and Hoops for Hope, including Huddle in a Box and Hoops in a Box:
- Develop and execute sales presentations, to include price structure, franchising information and sales strategies.
- Identify sales target list of potential churches and organizations.
- Develop monthly call rotations of potential churches and organizations.
- Attend missions conferences or fairs to promote both ministries.
- Meet sales target goals as directed by President/Board of Directors.
Minor Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet regularly with the President to establish weekly as well as long term strategies.
- Coordinate regularly with the Administrator to set priorities and tasks for the ministry.
- Serve as understudy of pre-trip, trip and post-trip logistics of International Hoops for Hope trips.
- Serve as understudy to logistics of executing a weekly Hoops Huddle program.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the President.
- Ability to sell a vision to include cold calling churches and potential organizations
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent sales and customer service skills
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of church life and culture
- Ability to fundraise
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Background in sports participation preferred
- 2 years’ work experience
- Must be a solid Christian
- Must be an active member of a local church
- Must agree with and adhere to the International Hoops for Hope Statement of Beliefs
- Must be willing to travel
- Commensurate with experience